Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's Gotta Be....

Give me rules,

I will break them.

Show me lines,

I will cross them.


I need more than

A truth to believe.

I need a truth that lives,

Moves and breathes,


To sweep me off my feet....


...Give me words,

I'll misuse them.

Obligations,

I'll misplace them.


'Cause all religion

Ever made of me,

Was just a sinner

With a stone tied to my feet.


It never set me free, it's gotta be,


More like falling in love,

Than something to believe in.

More like losing my heart,

Than giving my allegiance.


Caught up, called out,

Come take a look at me now.

It's like I'm falling,

It's like I'm falling in love....


"More Like Falling in Love"~ Jason Gray



As I was driving home Monday night this song came on the radio and I just sat and digested the words that Jason Gray was belting out. And it hit me. HARD. Even though I know and believe it's grace that has set me free, I often (more times than I'd like to admit), TRY. If I DO this, than I am better. If I SAY this, I am stronger. I am more faithful. I am THAT much better. YES, I am just so GOOD.
Then, I fail. I epically fail. I am SOOO NOT GOOD. I am not stronger. I am NOT more faithful. I am PAINFULLY NOT good, stronger or faithful. I am "just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet".
Thankfully, gratefully, I have been given grace. I have not been required anything but to accept who HE is, acknowledge that I can't but HE can, and to take His love and give it freely .
The victim of the cross became the victor of the resurrection.
For that, I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment